As a huge matcha fan, these have been on my list to make for years. What could be better than the beautiful flavour of matcha and the fluffy texture of a perfectly cooked pancake?
I made these morsels dairy free AND gluten free to be more allergen friendly. They do have an egg, however feel free to substitute for a flax or chia egg to make them vegan, although this may alter the texture slightly.
These are light, fluffy, delicious and packed with nutrients!
1/2 of a banana
1 organic egg
1/3 cup oat milk
1 cup spinach
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup gluten free flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp matcha powder
1) Blend banana, egg, spinach, oat milk and vanilla in a blender until smooth
2) Heat some nondairy butter in a non-stick or cast iron pan on medium low heat
3) Pour blended mixture into a medium sized bowl and stir in remaining ingredients
4) Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour batter into the pan to form small round pancakes
5) Cook about 2 minutes per side or until batter bubbles
6) Stack up and serve with your favourite toppings! I used coconut yogurt, raspberries, banana and pure maple syrup